SUBMISSIONS FOR SEASON 7 ARE OPEN FOR ONLINE PUBLICATION ONLY.
GUIDELINES FOR SHORTER WORK SUBMISSIONS CAN BE FOUND HERE.
Want to hear your own story on The Wicked Library?
Here are the rules for submission:
1. What we look for: Well written horror fiction in manuscript format with a word count of 3,000 – 3,500 words – in manuscript format. If it’s not double spaced, in manuscript format, and does not include your contact info, it will not be selected to be read.
A little short? Ask. We sometimes do special episodes featuring multiple authors or combine two stories into a double feature. Also check our Short Work Submission option.
A little long? Ask. If it’s a great story, we might read it if it really grabs the listener by the ears, but we do try to keep the shows under an hour when possible, and anything over 3,600 words is pushing that.
2. Submit your best story. We don’t select every story we receive, but we do pick the ones that best fit the audience and theme. We do feature a large variety of horror from traditional ghost stories to modern horror and a lot of things in between. We will accept up to two total (2) stories via the form below for consideration. Please don’t submit more than 2 in a 6 month period without a request from us.
3. Rights: You retain the rights to your story, you just agree to let us post it to our podcast feed. Want to copy your episode and email it to your fans? Go for it. Thinking about burning a CD as a promo? It’s your story, go for it! We just want to share it with as many horror fans as possible. The Wicked Library’s mission statement is to get authors, artists, and composers noticed by new fans.
IMPORTANT: If your story has been previously published, we need to be assured that the rights have been returned to the author – most publishing contracts do not allow a recording while still under rights. If your contract doesn’t specify, contact the publisher and ask if we can read your story. Many publishers will agree, as it is free publicity for them.
4. Sharing: You agree to promote your episode to your friends, family and fans via social media and other means. The Wicked Library grows by word of mouth and your story is heard by thousands of listeners because of the authors who came before you.
5. File format: It’s worth a second mention. For ease of reading, please submit your story in manuscript format (that’s a link to manuscript format) in one of the following file formats: doc, docx, rtf, or pdf Manuscript Format is VERY IMPORTANT. Equally important – Your story WILL BE separated from the submission form for reading. We MUST have your contact info on your story so we know who you are and how to tell you you’ve been accepted.
6. Submit your story for consideration via the submission form below.
We can’t wait to read your story!